Dating back to the 12th century this early Norman church originally had North and South aisles. During heavy snow falls on the 13th and 14th April 1782 along with much rain the coping on the North side of the Knave fell onto the aisle roof and the bulging wall collapsed. With the roof being decayed and the South aisle out of repair, they were removed and the arcades were walled up.
Spotted in the far right corner of the rear graveyard, against the wall. These two very rusty ironworks, approximately 10 inches high and each mounted on a square stone block with chamfered top edges. With no visible inscriptions they remain a mystery.
The Graveyards at both Yarwell and Nassington Churches ceased to be used for burials in the late 1880’s. A joint cemetery was set up between the two villages and administered by a committee of members from the two parish councils.
A survey to plot and record the gravestones at the church is currently being undertaken by members of the Yarwell History Group. See the Grave Plotters page.